Formby Parish Council Minutes – 27 April 2020

  1. Home
  2. Meetings
  3. Formby Parish Council Minutes – 27 April 2020
Meetings, Minutes

Please find below the minutes for the latest Formby Parish Council meeting. A copy of the minutes is available to download at the bottom of the page.

MINUTES OF MEETING

This meeting was held online due to the covid-19 pandemic

Present:

Councillors: Bob McCann (Chairman), Colin Appleton, Derek Baxter, Sandra Baxter, Maria Bennett, Dawn Brodie, David Dutton, Dave Irving, Yvonne Irving, Susan McCann, Bernie Prescott, Carol Richards, Paul Wiencke and Mike Weild.

In Attendance:

Claire Jenkins (Clerk), Jill Hendry (Administrative Assistant) and 1 member of public

113.0 Apologies for Absence

There were apologies received from Cllr Riley.

114.0 Members Declaration of Interest

Cllr Appleton declared an interest in minute 119.1. Cllr D. Baxter declared an interest in minute 119.7.

115.0 Public Forum

The meeting was adjourned for this item.

Member of the public did not wish to speak

The meeting was reconvened.

116.0 Minutes of the Previous Meeting

It was resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 3 March 2020 were approved as a correct record. As the meeting was held online, the Clerk will arrange for the minutes to be signed.

117.0 Matters of Report from Previous Meeting

This meeting has been rescheduled from its original date of 7 April 2020 following emergency legislation being published to allow local councils to hold virtual meetings. There are no other matters of report.

118.0 Planning Applications

Members discussed the planning applications on Sefton’s weekly list and noted the following:

118.1 Old Sawmill Marsh Brows – application for a change of use from Joinery Workshop (B1) to Theatrical Arts Learning Centre (D1). Members noted that there would be more people employed than at present, however the Cllrs would be keen to know residents’ views on parking issues.

118.2 Site of Mayflower Industrial Estate – application for a change of conditions: the developer has asked for a reduction in affordable housing to be built as they believe there is not a big a demand. Members noted that this would be contrary to the Neighbourhood Plan.

118.3 Land to the rear of the lifeboat – flats at the back of Wetherspoons – an application has been approved for drainage to go directly into the foul-water sewage system.

118.4 7 Brows Lane – application to develop 10 flats. An objection has been submitted based on their being insufficient parking spaces and not being compliant with the Neighbourhood Plan.

It was noted that Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council are planning to hold online meetings for smaller council meetings including the Planning Committee meetings.

119.0 To discuss and approve the following:

119.1 To approve a grant of £1000 contribution to a new fence for Formby Cricket Club. Members requested further information regarding the club’s finances and accounts.

119.2 To approve a budget of £15,000 for community support of vulnerable residents during the Covid-19 pandemic.

It was resolved to approve a budget of £15,000 for community support during the Covid-19 pandemic.

119.3 To approve a grant of either a one-off sum of £2,500 or a monthly amount to be agreed, reviewable monthly, for the Formby Community Football Club to continue to support vulnerable residents in the community during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Members discussed this at length and agreed that a one-off sum was preferable to a monthly amount. It was noted that the group have done over 300 resident shops so far and are working long hours to achieve this.

It was resolved to approve a one-off sum of £2,500 for the Formby Community Football Club to continue to support vulnerable residents in the community during this pandemic.

119.4 To approve a grant of £500 to the High Schools for the purchase of materials to enable production of PPE face shield visors. It was noted that both Range and Formby High Schools are involved in this activity.

It was resolved to approve grants of £500 for the High Schools to purchase materials for the face shield visors.

119.5 To approve a grant of £1,000 to the local foodbank

It was resolved to approve a grant of £1,000 to the local foodbank.

119.6 To approve £10,000 to provide street lighting along the footpath across Duke Street Park (linking Phillips Lane and Duke Street).

It was resolved to approve £10,000 to provide street lighting along the footpath across Duke Street Park.

119.7 To ringfence a budget of £10,000 to hold a delayed VE day celebration, subject to review when the Covid-19 pandemic is over.

A dispensation is granted under Localism Act 2011 sec. 33 relieving the following members from both restrictions in section 31 (4): Cllrs. Bennett, Prescott, Richards, Appleton, B. McCann, D. Irving, Wiencke and Riley who are volunteering to organise the event.

It was resolved to approve a budget of £10,000 to hold a delayed VE Day celebration, subject to review when the Covid 19 pandemic is over.

119.8 To approve the Annual Risk Assessment

It was resolved to approve the Annual Risk Assessment.

119.9 To approve renewal of the Society of Local Council Clerks annual subscription of £161.

It was resolved to approve the renewal of the annual subscription at a cost of £161.

119.10 To approve the renewal of the Council insurance policy on 1 June 2020.

It was resolved to approve the renewal of the Council insurance policy up to an approved amount of £2,500.

120.0 Payments

 

replacement guard rails

Sefton MBC 12141.10
and paint street furniture
park slide Sefton MBC 8833.20
new website hosting Krystal Hosting Ltd 119.99
existing website hosting 1&1 IONOS ltd 171.84
 

employer expenses

1600.49
postage 16.80
office lease Sefton MBC 250.00
office phone and broadband BT 58.80
3 tier planters for library Plantscape 1297.20
refreshments for VE meeting 29.40
contribution to streetlight Sefton MBC 2730.50
subscription LALC 2056.93
Total 29,306.25

It was resolved to make the payments as listed above.

121.0 Chairman’s Report

There was no Chairman’s report.

122.0 The following reports were noted (circulated with Agenda)

  • Finance and General Purposes Group Minutes
  • Annual Risk Assessment

123.0 Date of Next Meeting:

In compliance with the emergency legislation published in April 2020, there will not be an Annual Meeting of the Parish Council in May. All appointments including the Chairman and Vice Chairman will continue until May 2021. The next Ordinary Meeting of Formby Parish Council is to be confirmed.

Meetings will be held virtually when necessary and published on the website at www.formbyparishcouncil.org.uk

Menu