Formby Parish Council Minutes – 4 August 2020

  1. Home
  2. Meetings
  3. Formby Parish Council Minutes – 4 August 2020
Meetings, Minutes

Please find below the minutes for the latest Formby Parish Council meeting. A copy of the minutes is available to download at the bottom of the page.

MINUTES OF MEETING

This meeting was held online due to the covid-19 pandemic

Present:

Councillors: Bob McCann (Chairman), Derek Baxter, Sandra Baxter, Maria Bennett, David Dutton, Dave Irving, Yvonne Irving, Susan McCann, Bernie Prescott, Carol Richards, Joe Riley and Paul Wiencke

In Attendance:  Claire Jenkins (Clerk) and 1 member of public

25.0 Apologies for Absence

There were apologies received from Cllrs Appleton, Brodie and Wield.

26.0 Members Declaration of Interest

Cllr Bob McCann declared an interest in planning matters.

27.0 Public Forum

The meeting was adjourned for this item.

There were no members of the public wishing to address the Council.

The meeting was reconvened.

28.0 Minutes of the Previous Meeting

It was resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 7 July 2020 were approved as a correct record. As the meeting was held online, the Clerk will arrange for the minutes to be signed.

29.0 Matters of Report from Previous Meeting

Cllr McCann reported that a meeting had been held with the residents who had submitted the petitions regarding the traffic chaos on sunny days.

Members noted that the following actions had been taken:

  • Sefton Council asked to consider a designated route within Formby for access with resident parking on one side and restricted parking on the other side of the roads included.
  • Sefton Council asked to consider resident only parking zones on the most frequently log jammed roads within Formby and to extend the yellow lines on corners of roads to ensure lines of sight are maintained.
  • A meeting has been requested with the National Trust Formby Manager to discuss their responsibilities regarding the traffic chaos resulting from them advertising the Formby sites.
  • A quote for installing posts on designated verges and Wicks Green to prevent inappropriate parking.

Members asked if a meeting could be held with the Senior Officer and the Sefton Council Member responsible for the Coastal Visitor Action Plan, to ensure that views of Formby residents are heard.

30.0 Planning Applications

Members discussed the planning applications on Sefton’s weekly list and noted the following:

30.1 Liverpool Road Site – there have been lots of complaints regarding the piling and residents have contacted the HSE who have said that the developer is using the wrong machine for this job and that they need to take their complaints to Sefton Planning Enforcement. It was suggested that residents should be advised to maintain a log of the noise pollution and report this to Sefton’s Environmental Health officer.

30.2 Formby Police Station – Cllr Irving reported that the building will continue to be used by Merseyside Police and will not be closing as previously indicated.

31.0 To discuss and approve the following:

31.1 The Clerk advised members that a stage 2 complaint had been made to Sefton Council regarding the unauthorised development on the green belt. The Clerk read Sefton Council’s response and noted:

  • the application made in 2002 by Formby Football Club was still valid as it was part implemented through the provision of the pitches.
  • The owner has been advised that permanent permission for use as a waste processing plant would be inappropriate but that there may be scope to consider it for a strictly limited period of time.
  • Planning have said that no views have been formed as yet and any proposal will be assessed against all relevant policy including the Formby Neighbourhood Plan.
  • The Environment Agency have confirmed that there is no record of a permit and they have forwarded the matter to their Asset Performance Team to investigate as unconsented works.
  • The Environment Agency will undertake enforcement action if required.

Cllr Richards reported that she had asked Mr Esterson MP to look into the matter on our behalf and that his assistant had met with the Head of Planning who indicated that a temporary use for 6 months may be successful, but any longer would not be.

Members agreed to ask for a meeting with the Head of Planning to discuss our concerns. If following this there are still concerns then a complaint will be made to the Local Government Ombudsman. It was agreed to ask Mr Esterson MP to discuss the matter with the Minister for DCLG.

32.0 Payments

employer expenses 1551.69
office lease Sefton MBC 250.00
office phone and broadband BT 56.39
litter pickers Helping Hands 316.80
Litter bag hoops Amazon 199.75
seaweed meal for trees Amazon 51.74
online forms license Gravity Forms 48.44
A Frames for school parking project Protect signs 1498.50
Total 3973.31

It was resolved to make the payments as listed above.

33.0 Chairman’s Report

The Chairman thanked members for attending and wished everyone a good summer break.

34.0 The following reports were noted (circulated with Agenda)

Finance and General Purposes Group Minutes

35.0 Date of Next Meeting:

The next Ordinary Meeting of Formby Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 1 September 2020, 7pm, online. The meeting will be held virtually via Zoom. Log in details can be found on the agenda, which will be published on the website www.formby-pc.gov.uk

Menu