Please find below details for the next Annual Meeting for Formby Parish Council Meeting. A copy of the agenda is available to download at the bottom of the page.
Notice of the Annual Meeting of the Formby Parish Council
The Annual Meeting of the Formby Parish Council will be held at Formby Library, Duke Street, Formby on Tuesday 14 May 2019, immediately following the Annual Parish Meeting at 7pm.
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business to be transacted at the Meeting as set out hereunder.
Clerk to Formby Parish Council
- To elect a Chairman for 2019-20, who will then sign the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office”
- To elect a Vice Chairman 2019-20, who will then sign the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office”
- To receive apologies for absence
- To receive declarations of interest
- Public Forum (the meeting will be adjourned for this item)
- To consider and approve the Minutes of the Meeting held on 2 April 2019 – (enclosed)
- Matters of Report from Previous Meeting – for information only
- To receive the retiring Chairman’s Annual Report
- To appoint representatives to the following:
- Sefton Rights of Way Group
- Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
- Beachsafe 2019
- Formby Business Partnership
- To agree Cllrs roles in respect of:
- Finance and General Purposes Group
- Environment Group
- To resolve that the Council meets the criteria set out by the Secretary of State in Parish Councils (General Power of Competence) (Prescribed Conditions) Order 2012.
- Note – At the time of the resolution the number of councillors elected at the last election, or subsequent by-election must equal or exceed two thirds of the total seats; the Clerk must hold one of two sector-specific qualifications: CiLCA or the level Four qualification from the University of Gloucestershire and must have passed section 7 of CiLCA if pre 2012.
- The Council must confirm its eligibility at every annual meeting after ordinary elections.
- Annual Return
- To receive the Internal Auditors Report (enclosed)
- To approve the annual governance statement section 1 (enclosed)
- To approve the accounting statements section 2 (enclosed)
- To note the dates set for the exercise of public rights: 3rd June to 12th July 2109
- Planning Applications – Sefton’s weekly list email, also available on Sefton Council’s website.
- To discuss and resolve the following:
- To approve the dates for the Annual Calendar of Meetings 2019-20 (enclosed)
- To approve the renewal of the Insurance at £1,726.96
- To approve the renewal of membership for the Society of Local Council Clerks at £156.00
- To approve authorised signatories
- To authorise Payments (enclosed)
- To receive the following reports – enclosed for information only
- Clerk’s report
- Date of Next Meeting – Tuesday 4 June 2019 to be held in the Meeting Room, Formby Library at 7pm
Members of the press and public are cordially invited to attend