Please find below details for the next Formby Parish Council Meeting. A copy of the agenda and reports are available to download at the bottom of the page.
Notice of the Annual Meeting of Formby Parish Council
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council, which will be held on Monday 15 May 2023 at 7pm at the Library, Duke Street, Formby.
Clerk to Formby Parish Council
- To elect a Chairman for 2023-24, who will then sign the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office”.
- To elect a Vice Chairman for 2023-24, who will then sign the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office”.
- To receive Apologies
- To resolve to approve apologies for absence for any Cllr who has submitted a valid reason for absence.
- To Receive Declarations of Interest
- To adjourn the meeting for the Public Forum
- Previous Minutes
- To consider and approve the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on 4 April 2023.
- Matters of Report from Previous Meetings – for information only
- To appoint representatives to the following:
- National Trust Stakeholder Meeting
- Imagine Formby
- To agree Cllrs role in respect of:
- Finance and General Purposes Group
- Environment Group
- Raising and Lowering of the flags
- Fertilising and weeding of Village trees
- To organise a Friends of Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Park Group
- Annual Return
- To receive the Internal Auditors Report
- To approve the annual governance statement section 1
- To approve the accounting statements section 2
- To note the dates set for the exercise of public rights: Monday 5 June to Friday 14 July 2022
- Planning Applications – (Sefton’s weekly list email, also available on Sefton Council’s website)
- To resolve that the Council meets the criteria set out by the Secretary of State in Parish Councils (General Power of Competence) (Prescribed Conditions) Order 2012.
- Note – At the time of the resolution the number of councillors elected at the last election, or subsequent by-election must equal or exceed two thirds of the total seats; the Clerk must hold one of two sector-specific qualifications: CiLCA or the level Four qualification from the University of Gloucestershire and must have passed section 7 of CiLCA if pre 2012. The Council must confirm its eligibility at every annual meeting after ordinary elections.
- To Discuss and Resolve the following:
- To approve the quote for the renewal of the Insurance at £2115.42 including vat
- To approve authorised signatories for the Parish Council.
- To approve the renewal of membership to National Associations to Local Councils (NALC) at £2099.49
- To approve the renewal of membership to Society to Local Council Clerks (SLCC) at £177
- To decide on the information to be displayed on the new park sign.
- To approve Payments.
- To note the following Reports:
- Minutes of the Finance and General Purposes Group Meeting
- Minutes of the Environment Group Meeting
- The date of the next Ordinary meeting is Monday 19 June 2023.
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend